To serve as a hub connecting and inspiring creative activities, providing access to cultural experiences and involving broad, inclusive community participation.
Providing leadership in the cultural, economic and social development of Kenosha
To maintain Kenosha Creative Space, Inc. as 501(c)(3) corporation, the Kenosha Creative Space will provide educational activities and downtown Kenosha improvement projects in line with the Kenosha Creative Space mission.
Programs already in place include:
- Create @theSpace – Come hang out with us every Thursday from 6-11pm. This is an open jam night, an open studio night, an open creator night. Come one, come all! Bring an instrument and see what happens!
Blue House Books will have a pop up bookstore available, as well as other artists and musicians.
- Kenosha Mural Project – In 2015, the murals created by the program were awarded “Best Public Improvement Project” by the Wisconsin Main Street Awards.
- Pop-Up Galleries – Temporary pop-up gallery exhibitions taking place in alternative space, frequently empty retail spaces, activating interest in developing those locations.
- Students Spotlight @theSpace – In partnership with Carthage College, the series looks to provide local music students with local active musicians. This event is a platform for live performance and networking opportunities.
- BeExposed! to the Arts – Series of events designed to showcase local artists and creatives in different locations.